This functionality will be included in a future release of Handyman Office
To be able to use Handyman's contract quote, all objects/buildings (assets) that are to be part of the quote must be found in Handyman to be able to calculate and submitting the quote.
When entering into larger customer agreements, it can be a quote large job to enter all data.
If you lose the agreements, there a need to easily remove all assets from Handyman, as they are no longer relevant.
If you win the agreement, the related assets must be activated to be able to start delivering quickly
Who can import objects?
The functionality is available for Handyman Office users with user rights to import basic data. Access is controlled by the user profile.
Importing assets using this tool is called temporary assets, and cannot be used/seen other than in contract quotes.
Where is it?
The import tool is available in Handyman WebOffice. https://hm.gsgroup.io/app
To start an import go the Configuration in the main menu, select Basic Data and then Quote equipment menu.
- Go to Configuration main menu.
- Select Basic data.
- Select Quote equipment.
- Fill in all mandatory fields in Create window, then click “Create” button.
- After creation, see the log on the right side
- Optional steps - Go to “History” window where all logs can be seen.
Optional steps - Available objects by row can be deleted
- a single site without any equipment’s
- several sites with the same address can be added in one step
- site and equipment can be imported even if they are unrelated (it depends on the selected parent)
- equipment without a site cannot be added (parent must be chosen from dropdown)
- all ID’s can be added
a "batches" is assets imported at the same time
In Create window you find different sections:
First add the customer by searching. Search for the customer name or external ID. If the Customer was selected, the filter is on in the Area and Equipment sections, which means that only the selected Customer's own sites and equipment can be in the dropdown list. If the Customer does not exist in Handyman, it cannot be added. here as new.
The first step is to select an existing customer. The customer must exist in Handyman before further steps can be taken. Search by customer name or customer number.
After the customer has been selected, the asset lists (drop-down lists) are filtered with the customer's asset.
Add an installation site to be imported by filling out/selecting all fields. Some fields are mandatory. Use the parent if the area to be imported belongs to another installation site in the tree structure. Temporary and already existing installation sites can be selected as parent.
Add equipment to be imported by filling out/selecting all fields. Some fields are mandatory. A parent must be selected, as equipment always belongs to another installation site or equipment in the tree structure. Parent is selected in the popup window.
Parent can be:
- newly created site “To all sites created above" (created in site section above with the same batch)
- existing assets in Handyman
An comment can be added to the batch import, this can simplify identifying previously imported assets
The Create button starts the import and is available if all mandatory fields are filled in.
When clicked, information added in the fields is deleted.
The number of logs is the same as the number of imported batches.
This log is a simple way to immediately see the result of an import. This log is kept until the user manually logs out, and then it is deleted.
Relationship between site and equipment if “to all sites created above” is chosen:
The equipment to be imported, will be added to all sites.
5 sites, and 5 equipment’s to be imported.
- 5 new sites
- 25 new equipment’s (for each 5 sites)
ID (prefix), start number and quantity:
These are the fields that create the unique ID of the imported objects.
- Prefix, not mandatory text field.
- Start value, mandatory numeric field.
Import 5 assets with ID “lamp” From before there are 20 assets with ID lamp.
- Set ID is lamp
- Start value 20
- Quantity 5
The result of the import is that you have 5 new lamps that can be used in a contract quote with the following IDs:
History is the log of previous batch jobs with this information
Date of the import
Who made the import
Asset successfully imported
Total number of the imported assets
Assets available for contract quote
comment to the batch
Assets that are not linked to a contract offer can be deleted. The deletion applies to the whole or parts of the batch.
A group can contain both installation sites and equipment, and these cannot be deleted separately. Deletion is for the entire batch, except for assets linked to a contract offer.
The Delete button is not available if there are no assets to delete
Searching for an import:
The list of previously imported batches is searchable/filterable.
Several filters can be used at the same time.
Good to know
- A temporary asset can only be connected to 1 contract quote at the same time.
- It is not possible to delete temporary assets connected to a contract quote
- Upon acceptance of the contract offer, all related temporary assets will be converted to "real" assets. It will be necessary to manually add other relevant information to the asset. "Import of objects with the excel file" can be used to mass update.