To export basic data follow these steps:
- Select the individual records to be exported
- This applies to all basic data except store movements, service items and service item group codes.
By selecting individual records you can avoid exporting a long list of elements (e.g. all work ) while in Handyman only a subset (e.g. work types used by field service resources) is to be used.
In the Navigation Pane click on Handyman - Planning and then sequentially on all sub-entries starting with "Salespersons / Purchasers"
- This opens the corresponding list
There are three different options how to select the individual records to be exported - depending on the individual type of basic data
Open the list in edit mode and check the checkbox "Export to Handyman" for all entries that shall be exported
Open the record card and check the checkbox "Export to Handyman" for each entry that shall be exported
Open the list and use the Menu Action"Mark All" from the Actions Bar to activate the checkbox for all entries in the list. The command "Mark All" refers to the visible entries of the list. Filters applied will be respected.
To change your choice
If you want to reset your selection, use the command "Unmark All" from the Ribbon. This deactivates the checkbox "Export to Handyman" for all visible entries in the list. Filters applied will be respected. Be aware that entries already exported will remain in the Handyman database.
- Work Types
- For work types additional configuration is required as described in the article on Cost element setup.
- Miscellaneous Items
- Set the setting for an item
- Enter the code in the settings page
- Export the settings to Handyman
- On the page "Basic data and settings" Select all types of basic data you want to export
- Open the page "Basic data and settings" in edit-mode
- Activate the option for all basic data you want to export. Typically you would activate the option for all data types you processed in step 1.
- Start the export
To start the export, use from the ribbon use the command "Export from standard tables" or "Export from outbound tables" depending on your integration: The standard integration uses the export from standard Business Central tables.
Advanced, customized integrations may use the export via outbound tables. For export from outbound tables more options exist than for export from standard tables. Check with your system administrator.
For any kind of data, after the export, the time stamp for the last export is written in the corresponding field.