When a supplier updates their prices, these will either be sent by e-mail or posted on their FTP server. Customers who do not receive automatic updating of price lists via an ERP system will have to update their price lists manually in Handyman Office. This articles describes how to update a price list manually.
Step by Step
- Download the price file and the discount file from the supplier and save them in an easily accessible folder, eg 'Downloads' or 'Documents'.
- The process consists of 3 main steps:
Delete existing price and discount file
- Navigate to the Logistics module > Supplier (1) > and select the supplier to be updated (2).
- Select "Supplier's catalogue" tab (3)
- In the "Supplier's catalogue entries" menu on the left, click "Delete all.. (4)" to delete the existing price list
- In the "Supplier" menu, click "Import supplier's catalogue"
- An application called "Handyman article import" is opened
- Navigate to "Discount" (1) to add the discount file
- If the correct supplier is already selected in the drop-down list, de-select it by selecting another supplier, and re-select the correct supplier. This is to refresh the discount file list (2)
- Click "Delete All" (3)
Read the price file
- Navigate to "Itemlist"
- In the drop-down menu Supplier, select the correct supplier from the list. ("Delete all" selection should now be disabled to indicate that there are no existing items on the supplier)
- Click "Read item file"
- Locate the price file you downloaded earlier, and select it > Click Open
- You should now see article items in the list below, and also name of the file you selected in "File Name"
Read the discount file
- Navigate to "Discount" menu to add the discount file
- In the drop-down menu Supplier, select the correct supplier from the list. ("Delete all" selection should now be disabled to indicate that there are no existing discount items on the supplier)
- Click "Read discount file"
- Locate the discount file you downloaded earlier, and select it > Click Open
- You should now see the list below being populated with items
Create the price list
- Navigate to "Pricelist" (1)
- Select the supplier from the Supplier drop-down (2)
- If a list of article items is populated below, please click "Delete all" before continue to the next step
- Choose to create the price list based on "list price + mark-up" or "cost price + mark-up" by selecting the bullet-point next to the correct option. (3)
- Click "Update prices" (4)
- This process might take some time, and it might look like Handyman is crashing. If it says "not responding" on the banner of the application it means that it's still working. Please have patience.
- When done you will see the newly created price list being populated in the section below the "Drag a column header here to group by that column"
- Close the window/application
- You are done!