Resources can be selected and exported using the standard procedure described in the overview article on exporting basic data. Resources are use
Relevance for Handyman
- Resources are imported into Handyman as users for Handyman Mobile (e.g. service technicians).
- If configured in BC, licenses will be assigned to the users.
- No password is set.
- If configured in BC users will be added to the all Trade Groups and all Cost Element Groups
Configuration in BC
Resources are used in BC to add lines to orders or jobs, e.g. to record working time spent. For that purpose you have to configure units for the resource. This configuration is independent of Handyman.
- Define the base unit of measure (typically hours)
- Assign all units of measure that the resource shall be able to consume. Typically these are hours, km/miles and pieces (e.g. for a fixed repair or travel fee).
- Make sure resources have a correct Gen. Prod. Posting Group
Further configuration in Handyman Office
If licenses have been assigned in BC, users can start right away with Handyman Mobile:
- Install the app
- Select the exported user
More detailed instructions can be found in the article on Handyman Mobile Installation and Basic Setup.
Handyman Office allows you to define more granular rights for resources. For more information check the article about user configuration. In particular you may assign resources to different departments in Handyman.