0 Get to know the BC-extension
In case you have never worked with the Handyman extension before, this article provides a good overview.
1 Prepare infrastructure
- Sign-up for Handyman Cloud and get your access credentials
- The extension can also be used for an installation of Handyman and/or BC on premise. In this case contact the Handyman support team for installation.
- Install extension and connect with Handyman. See this article.
- Install Handyman Office. See this article
- Install Handyman Mobile as described in this aricle
2 Basic setup of the extension
- Perform basic configuration of the extension following individual needs of the project - see this article.
- Export basic data as outlined in the general article on basic data export.
- We recommend that you do this in the following sequence. That is is also the sequence of entries in the Planning Menu in the Handyman Group of the Action Bar. Links on the individual items provide further information how to use/configure the individual entries:
- Depending on your needs not all data may be required
3 Basic service process: Test and improve
- Start with basic service process defined in this article.
- Later in the process we will add step-by-step further functionality to cover individual requirements of the customer.
- While running through the process, open questions can be discussed and clarified with the Handyman consultant.
- At the same time, gaps between the customer's requirements and the current solution should be noted for further improvement.
- In this step, focus on the basic functionality of the extension like
- Export orders
- Import and update orders
4 Additional functionality: Add, test and improve
- Handyman and the BC Extension offer plenty of opportunities to adapt the solution to individual requirements. It is up to the project to define which points should be addressed and how detailed this should be.
- Typically, we address in this stage topics like
- Service Order Types
- Work Type Codes
- Service Forms
- Service Contracts
- We recomment the go initerations through the serivce process and adjust the configuration where needed.
- At the end of this stage, all open gaps and open questions should be clarified and the process to follow should be documented.
- This documentation should be a dedicated document for Handyman Office and Handyman Mobile guiding users with screenshots and comments through the individual steps of the process
- Use process description defined above
- We recommend the following setup
- 4h Handyman Office
- 4h Handyman Mobile
- Max. 10 persons per training
- Office users should participate in the mobile training
- Run the office training before the mobile traning so that the office users can create the orders the mobile users need for their training.