Order types supported by the extension
This article describes the enhancements the Handyman extension for Business Central is adding to the standard order pages in Business Central.
Three different types of orders from Business Central can be managed with Handyman:
- Sales orders
- Service orders
- Jobs (Projects)
Menu commands provided by the extension
- Home: Export to Handyman
- Exports the selected order to Handyman
- This is mandatory to start working in Handyman with the selected order
- Usually orders are planned in Handyman office / in the Handyman Resource Planner. If the scenario "free orders" is used (standard for a simple trial installation) any order exported to Handyman is available as "Free order" in Handyman Mobile - ready for activation by a mobile user.
- Home: Open in Handyman Office
- Opens the order in Handyman Office
- Requires installation of the BC protocol handler
- Home: Resource Planner
- Opens the order in Handyman Resource Planner
- Requires the installation of the BC protocol handler
- Actions --> Handyman --> Update outbound order
- Only relevant for customized integrations
- Copies the selected order to the outbound order export tables.
- To be used if the integration is set-up to use outbound tables for order export instead of standard export.
- Reports --> Handyman
- For each entry the corresponding report from Handyman will be loaded
- The report is shown as pdf file
The order must have been exported to Handyman before
Fields provided by the extension
- General: Handyman status
- This field is updated automatically by the extension.
- It shows the status of the order in Handyman
- The different status values are:
- Not exported to Handyman
- Exported to Handyman
- Handyman: HS Order Number
- Internal oder number assigned by Handyman to this order
- Available after the order has been updated by Handyman
- Handyman: Customer defect description
- Additional text field for service orders
- Handyman: HSInstallationID
- Used for customized integrations where the reference to the Handyman equipment is done via this field instead of the service item line
- Handyman: Exported to Handyman
- Set automatically by the extension